Tuesday 3 June 2014

JOSEPH SCHNEIDER HAUS ORANGE RAFFLE QUILT 2014

Every year I enter the Joseph Schneider Haus Quilt Block Contest.  I don't know how many blocks are submitted, but mine usually ends up in the finished quilt.  This year, the theme was From The Stash, where each block was to be made with a minimum of 50% of the fabrics used coming from the makers own stash, AND the colours had to be orange.  Even though I don't have as much orange fabric as other colours, it wasn't a stretch to use all fabrics from my stash.  The quilt block design was from StrataVarious Quilts by Barbara Persing and Mary Hoover.  It was machine pieced, machine appliquéd and hand embroidered with a blanket stitch outline.  





When I was ready to submit the block, I was concerned that the centre did not match up completely, but I thought that since it was a block that I was giving away, why waste my time fixing it.  Well, in the judges comments, it was mentioned to watch the centre setting.  I guess I should have fixed it!




After all the blocks are submitted, they are pieced and quilted by local women.  Here's the final quilt.  It will be raffled off, with the proceeds supporting the Friends of Joseph Schneider Haus Programs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment