Friday 26 September 2014

IT TECH RETIRES

It didn't seem so long ago that all my friends were getting married and having children.  Now, all my friends are retiring.  Where did the time go?

A good friend and work colleague is leaving at the end of the week.  She is our resident IT Tech.  We're having a pot-luck lunch to celebrate her retirement.  I wonder why I'm in charge of event planning all the time?  

I figured that a black and white theme would work well.


A quick stop to our local "Waste-Wise" proffered a used computer monitor ($2) and keyboards.  They didn't have to work.  I just wanted the monitor as a back drop for a retirement message.  The keys from the keyboards were popped off and hot glued to the monitor.  I had to add printed text as I ran out keyboard letters.

Some of the remaining keys were hot glued to the end of picks to be used in the cheese tray and such.





This vintage laptop from 1995 sports the blue screen of death and will be part of the table centre piece.






I made water bottle labels - This Chick is Retired,


and added "nutritionals", too.


The Happy Retirement wall banner was printed on white copy paper and glued to a black heavy weight stock.  I wanted to find a font that looked like computer keys and actually came up with a free download at Fontspace, DH Gentry.

Our retiree needed some gifts . . . . .


7-Up Lifting ways to start retirement.


Apropos t-shirt.


Back of t-shirt.


Of course, every girl needs a tote bag - Evangeline is always on her smart phone, texting someone - LOL.


The other side of the bag has texting acronyms from A-Z.


Evangeline is always loosing her keys, so I repurposed the "Enter" and "Home" keys from the computer keyboard into key chains.  



If there is a camera around, Evangeline will step right up and pose with a smile.  I went to the dollar store and picked up some picture frames and added her photo to each - a rogues gallery of one.

Since I love to bake, I'm made some brownies and lemon squares.  The squares are topped off with a QR Code from one of our companies products, printed using edible colour on sheets of fondant.




The cake is my interpretation of a computer screen.



And I ask myself why I don't get any quilting done!





No comments:

Post a Comment