I've been working on this piece for a while. The painting of fabric is easy, but takes quite a while to dry in between each addition. As the base, I used part of an old quilt top that I didn't like and had been stashed away on my shelf. I covered it with acrylic paints, bubble wrap prints, stencilled letters and numbers, Shiva paint sticks, metallic rubs, spray inks and rubber stamps. I even added my own tag. After all of that, it became riotous and graffiti like, but still needed something else - a calming effect.
After adding the silhouette, I thought about how it showed the juxtaposition of the harsh outer world of chaos and the inner sanctum of the church. The piece is now "street-art" and complete.