Sunday 27 July 2014

JULY SHOP HOP

I haven't been spending too much time in the studio lately.  I've been out and about Southern Ontario, taking in the July Shop Hop.  13 quilt stores are participating, with each store giving away a free block pattern and red & white fabrics to make the block.  My sister did the driving and I did the navigating (sort of).  I don't know east from west or north from south so most of the time my sister just got us to where we were supposed to end up.




We started out at The Marsh Store and continued from there . . .


Seven Sisters Quilting, Norwich


Quilt Junction, Waterford, is featured in Spring/Summer 2014 Quilt Sampler



I even had Lana autograph the page for me!



The Hobby Horse, Georgetown


Ye Olde Fabric Shoppe, Stratford



The Quilt Place, Shakespeare


Creative Sisters, Kitchener


I now have 13 blocks to put together into a quilt.  Each of the participating stores had completed their version of the red & white quilt and I was allowed to photograph all of them except for the Creative Sisters, Kitchener quilt as no permission was given by the makers (even though a picture of the quilt is shown on their website)






1 comment:

  1. This looks like great fun... I wish I would've joined in. Next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete