I started off by stamping an image onto blue and silver fabric. Using fabric markers I added colour to the image. A piece of poster board was sandwiched between the front and back (made from hand-marbled fabric).
The layers were stitched together using a zig-zag stitch. A hole was pierced at the top of each card and a wire ornament hanger inserted.
Next, a bath using a mixture of 3 tablespoons of Borax (purchased at the local grocery store) to 1 cup of boiling water was made, then poured into a gallon bucket. This mixture was made several times to fill the bucket to the top.
The ATC's were suspended from a dowel into the water/Borax mixture for about 10 hours. Less time hanging will create fewer crystals.
The water mixture was then poured off and the ATC's were left to hang dry. A workable fixative was then sprayed on each one, just to give the cards a little added life.